Full width project banner image

Property Management Services

The following information is provided for your assistance when moving into your new home and for the ongoing relationship you will develop with our Property Management staff at Lang Realty.


It is your responsibility to arrange for the connection of all services to the property. We have a company that can carry out this service for you – just ask the property management staff for details.

Condition Report:

This document is as important as the Tenancy Agreement you signed as it establishes the condition of the property at the commencement of your tenancy and will be used in comparison at the end of your tenancy as the basis on which your bond is refunded. Please check it and amend it as necessary. You have three (3) working days after the commencement of your tenancy to complete and return it to the office. If you neglect to return a signed copy of the report, you could forfeit your rights to object if there is a disagreement at the end of your tenancy.

Renting – Renting in Queensland Handbook: This booklet is provided to you at the commencement of your tenancy. It will assist you during your tenancy as it contains some very useful information. Please refer to it as necessary during your tenancy.

Payment of Rent:

Our preferred methods of payment are by Direct Deposit, BPay or alternatively you can post a cheque to the office. Rent is payable in advance on the due date as per your Tenancy Agreement. If you are experiencing any difficulties in meeting your commitments, please advise your property manager. Please remember our landlords have financial commitments to meet and they rely on rent being paid on time.


Please advise the property manager of the telephone number at the property when you have it connected. Also, if you change employment during your tenancy, please advise the office of the new business number. There are various reasons you may need to be contacted throughout your tenancy by our office, such as repairs and this information it vital.


It is not your landlord’s responsibility to insure your possessions. The landlord’s insurance policy covers only the building plus any fixtures and fittings. With the ever increasing incidence of burglary and theft, we strongly recommend you take out content’s insurance cover. Our company is also an agency for Heritage Building Society and we can arrange for a quote on insurance on your behalf.

Repairs & Maintenance:

All requests for repairs or maintenance must be submitted to our office in writing. Requests can be emailed directly to the property manager, completed via our maintenance section on our website or faxed through to our office. We endeavour to complete all requests as quickly as possible, however it is first necessary to obtain approval from the landlords prior to works being completed, thus a short time delay can occur. We specifically ask that if appointments have been made with tenants to allow access to tradespersons to enter your property that these times be strictly adhered to. If appointments are not kept the callout service fee of the tradesperson can be passed to the tenant.

Please be aware that if a fault or repair is reported to the office and it is actually caused by tenant neglect, the tenant will be responsible for the payment of that account. For example power failure due to a faulty appliance, a foreign object blocking the toilet etc. The tenant is to replace any blown light globes and cracked or broken windows.

Ending the Tenancy:

When the tenancy agreement is due to expire or has expired a minimum of 2 weeks notice must be given to the agent in writing with a Form 13 – Notice of Intention to Leave.

If you wish to vacate during the term of the agreement, you will be breaking the contract you have entered into and therefore you are responsible for reimbursing the landlord for any loss suffered, e.g. rent until the property is again tenanted plus the landlords’ normal costs in reletting. These are usually:-

• All advertising and marketing expenses incurred.
• The lease break fee is to be paid by the tenant.
• Rent is to be paid until a suitable tenant is found.

Change of Tenants:

The landlord has approved the tenancy in your name. If a new tenant wants to occupy the property, their application must be similarly approved. Any change in occupant could affect the bond refund process when you vacate. If the agreement is in joint or multiple names, all parties to it are individually and jointly responsible. In other words, if the agreement is in multiple names and one party does not have the funds to meet their commitments, some or all of the other parties are responsible to meet that commitment.


Most of the problems experienced by tenants, landlords and property managers can be overcome by prompt and honest communication. It’s the tenants’ responsibility to keep the property clean and to meet their financial obligations; it’s the landlords’ major responsibility to see the property is maintained and to ensure that the tenant has peaceful enjoyment; and it’s the property manager’s duty to oversee the process. This can be done with effective communications from all parties. Your property manager is here to assist you during your tenancy. Please direct any problems you may have to your property manager.